INVESTIGATING INSURANCE FRAUD IN KENTUCKY AND TENNESSEE
What Is Insurance Fraud Investigation?
Insurance fraud investigations in towns like Paducah, Kentucky, and Clarksville, Tennessee, are launched when an insurance company becomes suspicious of a policy holder’s insurance claim. The goal of an insurance fraud investigation is to determine what happened, whether or not it was legal, and who was responsible.
Consumer reports estimate insurance fraud has an impact of billions of dollars on the United States economy. Insurance fraud hurts everyone as insurance companies are forced to increase premiums to cover losses.
Why Do Insurance Companies Hire Private Investigators?
When an insurance company feels a claim they are evaluating is suspicious, or lacks enough details to be credible, they may hire an insurance fraud investigator like Billy Ray Coursey of KTMI, Incorporated. Mr. Coursey has over twenty years’ experience investigating insurance fraud claims, and KTMI, Incorporated Private Investigations counts numerous national insurance companies among our top clients. We routinely conduct insurance investigations in Kentucky towns like Hopkinsville, Madisonville, Paducah, Benton, and Murray.
Once an insurance fraud investigation is launched, KTMI’s private detectives may use surveillance, records / credit / criminal background checks, witness interviews, and other techniques to substantiate or disprove a claim. All interview statements, video, and photographs are recorded digitally and delivered to clients on CD or DVD, or uploaded to a secure website.
- A roofing company was surveilled and found to be intentionally inflating storm damage estimates in order to receive more money from claimants.
- A claim was filed for a stolen diamond ring. While interviewing the claimant, our investigator was able to extract a confession that the claimant had actually knowingly thrown the ring away during an argument with her spouse.
- A truck full of tools was reported stolen. Our investigators determined the list of tools was greatly exaggerated.
- A reported vehicle theft and vandalism were found to have been perpetrated by the claimant himself in order to extract money from the insurance company.
- A person claimed to slip and fall in a restaurant bathroom, hurting his back. Our investigation revealed he had hurt his back water skiing the previous evening and was attempting to defraud the restaurant’s insurance company.
Our experienced investigators are ready to give you the information you need to make informed decisions about insurance claims.
Call today to discuss your case. 270-559-3868